Browse Items (205 total)

  • Collection: Businesses

695b1f813dbcb6d1dfe1eff948e61b6b.jpg
Allen & Jemison Hardware Company was organized in 1883 when Thomas B. Allen bought a half interest in a hardware business owned and founded by William C. Jemison in 1878. Jemison was president until he sold out to the company, resigning as president.…

727311b99abde8e4e56eb3ed20631e00.jpg
Allen & Jemison Hardware Company was organized in 1883 when Thomas B. Allen bought a half interest in a hardware business owned and founded by William C. Jemison in 1878. Jemison was president until he sold out to the company, resigning as president.…

allen--jemison-1946_0cad5611c6.jpg
Allen & Jemison Hardware Company was organized in 1883 when Thomas B. Allen bought a half interest in a hardware business owned and founded by William C. Jemison in 1878. Jemison was president until he sold out to the company, resigning as president.…

ad 001a.jpg
This Friedman and Rosenau advertisement for men's clothing appeared in The Crimson-White in 1896.

The store, at the corner of University Boulevard and Greensboro Avenue, was on the site of the 10-story bank building that is a landmark…

Friedman-Loveman.png
Bernard Friedman and Emanuel Loveman owned
the Atlanta Store which stood at the corner of Broad Street (now University Boulevard) and Market Street (now Greensboro Avenue) where the 10-story bank building stands now as a Tuscaloosa landmark.

The…

Atlanta 001.jpg
The Atlanta Store stood at the corner of Broad Street (now University Boulevard) and Market Street (now Greensboro Avenue) where the 10-story bank building stands now as a Tuscaloosa landmark.

The store was owned by Bernard Friedman and Emmanuel…

BurnedBuilding.JPG
Men inspect the remains of a burned building, believed to be the Friedman and Rosenau Dry Goods Store, which burned in the early 1900s. It was located on the corner of Market Street (now Greensboro Avenue) and Broad Street (now University Boulevard)…

1905_corolla_012.jpg
An advertisement scanned from the 1905 Corolla, the University of Alabama yearbook.

The Corolla, v. 12, 1905

alston-bldg-tuscaloosa-1910_328199ce97.jpg
The Alston Building is located on the southeast corner of the intersection of Greensboro Avenue and Sixth Street. It was completed in 1910 on the site of the old Tuscaloosa County Courthouse, which had stood there since 1845. The Alston Building was…

alston.JPG
The Alston Building is located on the southeast corner of the intersection of Greensboro Avenue and Sixth Street. It was completed in 1910 on the site of the old Tuscaloosa County Courthouse, which had stood there since 1845. The Alston Building was…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2