Friedman and Rosenau Advertisement, 1896

ad 001a.jpg

Title

Friedman and Rosenau Advertisement, 1896

Subject

Stores, Retail
Atlanta Store

Description

This Friedman and Rosenau advertisement for men's clothing appeared in The Crimson-White in 1896.

The store, at the corner of University Boulevard and Greensboro Avenue, was on the site of the 10-story bank building that is a landmark today.

Called the Atlanta Store, the men's clothing store had previously been run by Bernard Friedman and Emmanuel Loveman and was sold to Herman Rosenau and Victor Friedman in 1885.

Friedman and Rosenau owned the store until it burned in 1914. Its site was empty for several years until Merchant's Bank built the bank building that opened in 1925.

Publisher

The Crimson-White

Date

November 10, 1986

Contributor

Betty Slowe (Description)

Type

Advertisement

Identifier

1010

Coverage

Tuscaloosa (AL)

Original Format

Advertisement

Social Bookmarking