Atlanta Store

Friedman-Loveman.png

Title

Atlanta Store

Subject

Stores, Retail

Description

Bernard Friedman and Emanuel Loveman owned
the Atlanta Store which stood at the corner of Broad Street (now University Boulevard) and Market Street (now Greensboro Avenue) where the 10-story bank building stands now as a Tuscaloosa landmark.

The men owned the store until 1885 when they sold it to Herman Rosenau and Victor Friedman, The store burned in 1914 and the site stayed empty until the bank building was erected in 1925.

Source

Tuscaloosa News

Date

Circa 1910

Contributor

Betty Slowe (Description)

Type

Photograph

Identifier

2043

Coverage

Tuscaloosa (AL)

Original Format

Photograph

Social Bookmarking