Druid City Hospital Coronary-Intensive Care Unit

dch.jpg

Title

Druid City Hospital Coronary-Intensive Care Unit

Subject

Hospitals
DCH Regional Health Care System

Description

Dedication ceremonies were held for the Warner Coronary-Intensive Care Unit at Druid City Hospital in August of 1979.

Jim Ford, administrator of the hospital; Jack Warner, president of the Warner Foundation; Dr. Max Moody, Chief of Medical Services; Sam Phelps, chairman of the D.C.H. Board; and J.C. Faulkner, president of the D.C.H. Foundation; examine equipment purchased by the Warner Foundation for the unit.

The Warner family had been involved with the hospital since they came to Tuscaloosa.

Herbert Warner served on the D.C.H. Board and served as its president in 1938. In 1940 he gave a $10,000 gift to furnish the laundry and to buy a piece of equipment for the operating room.

Jack Warner had been a member of the D.C.H. Foundation since it was formed and served as its president in 1977.

Source

DCH Regional Medical Center

Publisher

The Druid Oak

Date

August, 1979

Contributor

Betty Slowe (Description)

Type

Photograph

Identifier

749

Coverage

Tuscaloosa (AL)

Original Format

Photograph

Social Bookmarking