Browse Items (141 total)

  • Collection: University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa

Smith Hall.jpg
The Alabama Museum of Natural History, with thousands of invaluable specimens from all lines of scientific research, is a lasting monument to the energy, labor and love exhibited by Dr. Eugene Allen Smith. He was appointed as state geologist in 1873…

alabama-union-bldg---1950s-1960s_a844b6b290.jpg
This is a photograph of the Alabama Union Building located on the corner of University Boulevard and Colonial Drive on the University of Alabama campus. Constructed in 1929 and occupied in 1930, it served as the student union for more than 40 years.…

UA Union Building006.jpg
This is a photograph of the Alabama Union Building located on the corner of University Boulevard and Colonial Drive on the University of Alabama campus. Constructed in 1929 and occupied in 1930, it served as the student union for more than 40 years.…

73a_29fc9b2889[1].jpg
Barnard Hall, built in 1889, was the "physical laboratory." It held astronomy and engineering departments in the two-story section with a gymnasium in the one-story section. It was named after Frederick A. P. Barnard, professor and scientist who…

PH1094.jpg
Constructed for $1 million in 1963 and equipped with rooms for 136 athletes and a dining hall to feed 150, Bryant Hall was one of the finest athletic dorms in its time. Named for then athletic director and head football coach Paul W. "Bear" Bryant,…

clark-hall.jpg
Clark Hall on the University of Alabama campus was designed by New Orleans architect William A. Freret and built in 1884-1885. Freret also designed Manly and Garland Halls. The first of Freret's buildings was named in honor of Willis G. Clark, a…

Clark Hall.jpg
A photograph of the University of Alabama campus with 3 buildings mentioned, Gorgas and Manly Hall are dormitories, Clark Hall is class rooms.

Clark Hall on the University of Alabama campus was designed by New Orleans architect William A. Freret…

Commerce.jpg
A photograph of the Commerce Building taken in 1928 shortly after it was built. The building was named Bidgood Hall in 1949. Lee Bidgood was the dean of the College of Commerce and Business Administration when it was created in 1919.

Denny chimes.jpg
Denny Chimes, on the Quad at the University of Alabama, was built in 1929 to honor longtime University of Alabama President George H. Denny, who served as the president from 1911-1936 and then briefly in 1942.

Money was raised by students to build…

Denny Chimes.jpg
Denny Chimes, on the Quad at the University of Alabama, was built in 1929 to honor longtime University of Alabama President George H. Denny, who served as the president from 1911-1936 and then briefly in 1942.

Money was raised by students to build…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2