Clark Hall, 1885

clark-hall.jpg

Title

Clark Hall, 1885

Subject

University of Alabama

Description

Clark Hall on the University of Alabama campus was designed by New Orleans architect William A. Freret and built in 1884-1885. Freret also designed Manly and Garland Halls. The first of Freret's buildings was named in honor of Willis G. Clark, a University trustee from 1876 to 1898.

The first floor of Clark Hall housed the library, reading rooms, and a chapel, with a large public hall and balcony on the second and third floors.

Source

Tuscaloosa News Archive

Contributor

Betty Slowe (Description)

Type

Photograph

Identifier

296

Coverage

Tuscaloosa (AL)

Original Format

Drawing

Physical Dimensions

5 inches by 7 inches

Social Bookmarking