Alabama Union Building, circa 1950

alabama-union-bldg---1950s-1960s_a844b6b290.jpg

Title

Alabama Union Building, circa 1950

Subject

University of Alabama

Description

This is a photograph of the Alabama Union Building located on the corner of University Boulevard and Colonial Drive on the University of Alabama campus. Constructed in 1929 and occupied in 1930, it served as the student union for more than 40 years.

When it was designated as the home of the College of Communication and Information Sciences, it became the Communication Building. In 1991, the building was renamed Reese Phifer Hall to honor Tuscaloosa businessman and University benefactor J. Reese Phifer.

Source

Personal Collection of Jason Townsend

Date

circa 1950

Contributor

Jason Townsend (Description)
Elizabeth Bradt (Description)

Type

Photograph

Identifier

85

Coverage

Tuscaloosa (AL)

Original Format

Photograph

Social Bookmarking