Alabama Union Building, circa 1960

UA Union Building006.jpg

Title

Alabama Union Building, circa 1960

Subject

University of Alabama

Description

This is a photograph of the Alabama Union Building located on the corner of University Boulevard and Colonial Drive on the University of Alabama campus. Constructed in 1929 and occupied in 1930, it served as the student union for more than 40 years.

When it was designated as the home of the College of Communication and Information Sciences, it became the Communication Building. In 1991, the building was renamed Reese Phifer Hall to honor Tuscaloosa businessman and University benefactor J. Reese Phifer.

Source

Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama

Contributor

Tuscaloosa Public Library
Elizabeth Bradt (Description)

Type

Photograph

Identifier

655

Coverage

Tuscaloosa (AL)

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

8 inches by 10 inches

Social Bookmarking