Dedication Brochure for the New Central YMCA Building, 1959

Brochure Y 2.jpg

Title

Dedication Brochure for the New Central YMCA Building, 1959

Subject

Young Men's Christian Association (Tuscaloosa, AL)

Description

The new Central YMCA Building on 10th street was formally opened and dedicated on Sunday, April 5, 1959 at 3 PM.

In addition to the program of dedication the brochure included the YMCA officers, staff, committees and mission statement:

The Young Men's Christian Association is, in its essential genius, a worldwide fellowship united by a common loyalty to Jesus Christ for the purpose of developing Christian personality and building a Christian society.

The financial statement showed that as on March 1, 1959, $250,474.67 must be obtained to complete payment for these facilities.

Source

YMCA

Date

April 5, 1959

Contributor

Elizabeth Bradt (Description)

Type

Document

Identifier

910

Coverage

Tuscaloosa (AL)

Text

Program

Invocation: Robert Allen, President of the Hi-Y-Tri-Hi-Y Council of Tuscaloosa County

Welcome: Harlan Meredith, President, YMCA -Tuscaloosa County and R. Lee Johnston, General Secretary, YMCA - Tuscaloosa County

Presentation of Bibles by Gideon Camp of Tuscaloosa: J.C. Faulkner, President

Introduction of Speaker: J. Oviatt Bowers, Vice-President of the YMCA National Council

Address: Emory M. Nelson, YMCA World Service Executive Secretary

Prayer: Dr. Joseph Boone, President of the Tuscaloosa Ministerial Association

Hymn: Faith of Our Fathers

Closing prayer: Melba Dean Lee, Chaplain, Hi-Y-Tri-Hi-Y Council of Tuscaloosa County

Music was provided by the Tuscaloosa Junior High School Band with Frank McArthur conducting.

Original Format

Brochure

Social Bookmarking