C.C. Kilgore House, circa 1870

C C Kilgore House-h.jpg

Title

C.C. Kilgore House, circa 1870

Subject

Houses and homes

Description

The C.C. Kilgore House was built in 1869 or 1870 by Bryce Hospital for Captain C.C. Kilgore. Captain Kilgore was the first engineer for the hospital. The house was one of Tuscaloosa's only notable Reconstruction-era houses. In 1976 the house was acquired by the University of Alabama in a property trade and housed the University's Center for the Study of Southern History and Culture and the Alabama Review office. In 2013 after the University of Alabama was unable to locate a buyer for the house, it was torn down.

Creator

Union Furniture Company

Source

Union Furniture Company

Publisher

Union Furniture Company

Date

1996

Contributor

Tuscaloosa Public Library
Betty Slowe (Description)

Rights

Union Furniture Company

Type

Drawing

Identifier

1026

Coverage

Tuscaloosa (AL)

Original Format

Drawing

Physical Dimensions

8.5 inches x 11 inches

Social Bookmarking