Brown Brother's Dollar Store, circa 1910

425405f1b8221af6fe35d7afb488e0d9.jpg

Title

Brown Brother's Dollar Store, circa 1910

Subject

Stores, Retail
Brown, Abe

Description

Abe Brown established Brown’s Dollar store in May 1898 and moved to the southeast corner of Broad (now University Boulevard) and Greensboro Avenue in 1906.

He built the current building known as Brown’s Corner in 1926. Brown’s Department Store went out of business in 1978.

The building became vacant in the late 1970s and in 1995 was formally deeded to the Heritage Commission of Tuscaloosa County.

It is shown here in the first decade of the 20th century.

Source

Tuscaloosa News Archive

Date

1900-1909

Contributor

Jason Townsend (Description)

Type

Photograph

Identifier

74

Coverage

Tuscaloosa (AL)

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

7 inches x 5 1/16 inches

Social Bookmarking