Open Air Chapel at Y's Acres

chapel.jpg

Title

Open Air Chapel at Y's Acres

Subject

Young Men's Christian Association (Tuscaloosa, AL)
Camps
Chapels

Description

In 1951, the Warner Family gave the YMCA a tract of land including 15 acres on Keen Mill Road. The property is called Y’s Acres, and used in the summer as a day camp area.

In 1990 the Harlan Cross Meredith Open Air Chapel was dedicated and a memorial plaque installed. The plaque inscription states:
Dedicated
This 18th day of November, 1990
To Honor Harlan Cross Meredith
In Recognition of
Nearly Five Decades of Service
To the Youth of this Community

Creator

Elizabeth Bradt

Source

YMCA

Date

April 2013

Contributor

Elizabeth Bradt (Description)

Type

Photograph

Identifier

959

Coverage

Tuscaloosa County (AL)

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

5 inches by 7 inches

Social Bookmarking