Construction of New Central YMCA Building, 1958

Y construction.jpg

Title

Construction of New Central YMCA Building, 1958

Subject

Young Men's Christian Association (Tuscaloosa, AL)

Description

The YMCA Central Building was constructed in 1958 by the Daniel Construction Company. The architects were Wilmot C. Douglas and Carl M. Mosely, Jr., Architects Associated.

The building fronted on 10th Avenue (now Paul Bryant Drive) on property previously owned by Hugo Friedman that was made available to the YMCA through a purchase and exchange that also provided for a county library.

Source

YMCA

Date

March 1, 1958

Contributor

Elizabeth Bradt (Description)

Type

Photograph

Identifier

908

Coverage

Tuscaloosa (AL)

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

4.5 inches by 6.5 inches

Social Bookmarking