Tuscaloosa County Courthouse, circa 1945

courthouse2_d2787bfc8f.jpg

Title

Tuscaloosa County Courthouse, circa 1945

Subject

Courthouses

Description

This is the old Tuscaloosa County Courthouse which was located on the northwest corner of Seventh Street and Lurleen Wallace Blvd. at the site of the current county courthouse.

E. Spinks of Birmingham prepared the plans for the courthouse and supervised the work. The contract for construction was awarded to Carrigan and Lynn of Birmingham for $90,000. On August 8, 1908 the courthouse was completed.

The building was razed in 1962 and the current building opened in 1964.

Information from Matthew W. Clinton's Tuscaloosa County History from the Dedication brochure for the Tuscaloosa County Courthouse, 1964.

Source

Tuscaloosa News Archive

Date

Circa 1945

Contributor

Jason Townsend (Description)
Elizabeth Bradt (Description)

Type

Photograph

Identifier

78

Coverage

Tuscaloosa (AL)

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

9 3/4 inches x 7 7/8 inches

Social Bookmarking