Piping Hot Sandwich Shoppe

piping hot.jpg

Title

Piping Hot Sandwich Shoppe

Subject

Restaurants

Description

The Corner Store at the corner of Bryant Drive and Eighth Avenue was a 24 hour mainstay for University of Alabama students. Before the Corner Store took over the site in 1945, the site was occupied by The Piping Hot Sandwich Shoppe, another big student gathering place. Here is the restaurant; the people are unidentified. The restaurant was owned and operated by Curt Newman and his son Dwight Newman.

The building was demolished in 2013.

Source

The Corolla

Contributor

Reggie Harris
Betty Slowe (Description)

Type

Photograph

Identifier

604

Coverage

Tuscaloosa (AL)

Social Bookmarking