Buhl Service Station

buhl.jpg

Title

Buhl Service Station

Subject

Businesses

Description

This station belonged to O.M. Davis, who lived behind the station. The pump on the left was for oil. A quart glass container was provided; the customer pumped out a quart and poured it into his car. The gas pump is in the middle. On the right is a pump that dispensed kerosene (coal oil) for lamps. The customer brought in a container and could pump a gallon of the kerosene into it.

Source

Bruce Davis

Date

Circa 1925

Contributor

Betty Slowe (Description)

Type

Photograph

Identifier

556

Coverage

Tuscaloosa County (AL)

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

2.5 inches by 4 inches

Social Bookmarking