1949 Ford at Davis Grocery

ford 2.jpg

Title

1949 Ford at Davis Grocery

Subject

Automobiles
Businesses

Description

The 1949 Ford that belonged to Bruce Davis is parked outside the grocery store his family owned. His father Jim Davis ran the store from the old building in the foreground located at the base of River Hill in Tuscaloosa about three blocks from the Black Warrior River.
When the new building was to be built for the store, Pete Hardin, a house mover from Northport, jacked the old building up and moved it down the hill so the new building could be built on the old site. The old store had opened in 1925; the new store built in 1941.

Source

Bruce Davis

Date

1941

Contributor

Betty Slowe (Description)

Type

Photograph

Identifier

547

Coverage

Tuscaloosa (AL)

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

3 inches by 5 inches

Social Bookmarking