Buck Boarding House in Snow, 1816 Broad Street
The Old Buck Boarding House, located at 1816 Broad Street (now University Boulevard) just west of Queen City Avenue, was built around 1820. Ownership of the house changed many times over the years, but the Buck family owned it for many years. Records show it was deeded to Nellie Buck Morris in 1926. The house provided boarding for state dignitaries when Tuscaloosa was the state capitol and was later used for apartments. The house was demolished in 1950.
Betty Slowe (Description)