Greensboro Avenue, 1880
Carriages and carts
This post-Civil War photo was taken from what is now University Blvd. looking south. It is notable in that it is the only known photograph of the 1845 Tuscaloosa County Courthouse, although it shows only the clock tower above the trees. It was demolished about 1908 to make way for the Alston Building. The four-faced clock was moved across Greensboro and installed in the tower of the city hall. On the right is the drug store operated by Dr. Reuben Searcy.
Personal Collection of Jason Townsend
Whitney Telle (Description)