Weaver Library Branch Dedication, 1961

Weaver2.tif

Title

Weaver Library Branch Dedication, 1961

Subject

Public libraries
Tuscaloosa Public Library, Weaver Branch

Description

A photograph showing the interior of the new Weaver Branch of Friedman Library and an article describing the dedication of the branch.

Creator

Tuscaloosa News

Source

Tuscaloosa Public Library

Publisher

Tuscaloosa News

Date

February 12, 1961

Contributor

Elizabeth Bradt (Description)

Type

Newspaper

Identifier

2538

Coverage

Tuscaloosa (AL)

Text

Library Branch To Be Dedicated

Dr. Virginia Lacy Jones, dean of the school of library service of Atlanta University, Atlanta, GA., will be the guest speaker at the formal dedication services of the Weaver Branch of the Friedman Library at 3 p.m. today.

Dr. Jones is a member of the board of directores of the Library Education Division of the American Library Service and has been dean of the Atlanta University School of Library Service since 1945. She is the author of several publications in the field of library work.

The branch, opened Dec. 12, 1960, is named for the late Dr. G. A. Weaver, Tuscaloosa physician for many years. The building was constructed at a cost of $29,446, and is located at 2937 18th St.

Original Format

Newspaper

Social Bookmarking