Lloyd Hall, 1928

Chemistry Building.jpg

Title

Lloyd Hall, 1928

Subject

University of Alabama
Chemistry

Description

A photograph of Lloyd Hall, the home of the Chemistry Department. Lloyd Hall was built in 1927 for the expanding Chemistry Department. It was named in honor of Stewart J. Lloyd who was the first Dean of the School of Chemistry, Metallurgy, and Ceramics. The building existed in that capacity for 77 years until 2004 when Shelby Hall was constructed and the department moved. The building was renovated in 2010.

Source

Ian Crawford

Date

1928

Contributor

Elizabeth Bradt (Description)

Type

Photograph

Identifier

2492

Coverage

Tuscaloosa (AL)

Original Format

Photograph

Social Bookmarking