R & S Motor Company, 2001 6th Street

IMG_20180601_0001.jpg

Title

R & S Motor Company, 2001 6th Street

Subject

Automobile dealers

Description

Located at 2001 6th Street (originally Cotton Street), the car dealership sold Chevrolets and Hudsons. Also known as Tuscaloosa Chevrolet, the business moved to Greensboro Avenue near the Black Warrior River. Later the building in this photograph was home to The Tuscaloosa News until its building was constructed on 28th Avenue in 2001. The building was razed to accommodate the federal courthouse that opened in 2011.

Creator

James Baughman

Source

James Baughman

Date

Circa 1950

Contributor

Betty Slowe (Description)

Type

Photograph

Identifier

2438

Coverage

Tuscaloosa (AL)

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

3 inches by 5 inches

Social Bookmarking