Diamond Theater, 621 23rd Avenue, circa 1950
Motion picture theaters
The Diamond Theater opened in 1946 at 621 23rd Avenue in Tuscaloosa and closed in 1967. The building accommodated 500 and was fitted with the most modern cinema equipment, attractively decorated and completely fireproof. The theater and Diamond Drugs next door were part of a group of businesses known as the Blue Front that catered to African-Americans. The building was razed in 2007 to make room for the city's Intermodal facility.
Betty Slowe (Description)
3 inches by 5 inches