McLester Hotel, 1910

mclester2_3e4e893f58.jpg

Title

McLester Hotel, 1910

Subject

Hotels

Description

The McLester Hotel was built in 1887 on the northwest corner of the intersection of Greensboro Avenue and Sixth Street. The capital for the building was furnished by Mrs. E.N.C. Snow, Mrs. William A. Leland, Mrs. John R. Kennedy, and the old Merchants Bank, each party investing $15,000. The lady members were daughters of Richard McLester and the hotel was named for him. Described as a "bowl and pitcher" hotel, having 33 rooms with a fireplace in each, the three-story building was made of bricks with an iron and glass front. On the ground floor were a store, an office, and a dining room.

Source

Tuscaloosa News Archive

Date

Circa 1910

Contributor

Jason Townsend (Description)

Type

Postcard

Identifier

1

Coverage

Tuscaloosa (AL)

Social Bookmarking