Browse Items (114 total)

  • Collection: Community Organizations

TPL 5.jpg
The photograph provides an aerial view of the card catalog at the Tuscaloosa Public Library. The card catalog included information on all library materials owned by the library including authors, titles, subjects, dates, locations, etc.

TPL 3.jpg
Photograph of the open house for the new library building at 1801 River Road (now Jack Warner Parkway). Tours were held from 2:30 to 5 PM. The library opened at 9 AM.

Library History 1945 pg1.jpg
An account of the history of the Tuscaloosa Public Library by Thomas Clinton that was written in 1945.

Warners portraits.jpg
Herbert David Warner (left) and Frank Moody at the unveiling of color portraits of Mr. and Mrs. Warner at the Central Building of the YMCA on November 1, 1967.

Color portraits of the couple by Alphaeus Philemon Cole, 1876-1988, a noted New York…

Friedman Library Inside Picture Tuscaloosa News 12 Nov 1970.jpg
This photo published in the Tuscaloosa News, November 12, 1970, shows the reference area of the library when it was housed in Jemison-Van de Graaff Mansion. In 1955, the house then owned by the Burchfields was purchased by the YMCA for $70,000. In a…

Brown Branch Opening Article 9-11-06 pg1.jpg
A newspaper account of the opening of the Brown Branch of the Tuscaloosa Public Library, 300 Bobby Miller Parkway in Taylorville.

Library Branch named in honor of former library 5-16-96.jpg
An article about a ceremony at the Weaver Bolden Branch Library to honor Ruth Bolden on her 87th birthday with the unveiling of a her portrait.

Music.jpg
A photo of the music room in the Friedman Library, 1305 Greensboro Avenue. This was a service made possible in the larger building first occupied in June 1958.

In 1955, the ante-bellum house at 1305 Greensboro Avenue was purchased by the YMCA for…

Children.jpg
Photos of two rooms in the Friedman Library, 1305 Greensboro Avenue (now called the Jemison - Van de Graff Mansion), taken the day before the facility was open to the public on Monday, June 16, 1958.

In 1955, the ante-bellum house had been…

TPL 1.jpg
Photograph of the Tuscaloosa Public Library building at 1801 River Road (now Jack Warner Parkway) under construction in 1979.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2