Library staff and members of the Friends of the Library moved the books from the Friedman Library located at 1305 Greensboro Avenue to the new library building at 1801 River Road (now Jack Warner Parkway).
Friends of the Library President Celeste Burnum presents a check for $5,000 to Jim Price, director of the Tuscaloosa Public Library. The donation is earmarked for the purchase of books and other materials.
Mrs. Caroline Dickson, Northport Branch Librarian helps a youth check out a book at the branch library of the Tuscaloosa Public Library. The library was located on the corner of Main Avenue and 5th Street.