Skip to main content
Search using this query type:
Search only these record types:
Advanced Search (Items only)
Tuscaloosa History Mysteries
Browse Items (78 total)
Browse by Tag
University Stables, 1896
An advertisement scanned from the 1896 Corolla, the University of Alabama yearbook.
The Corolla, v.3, 1896
An ox-cart passes what may be the Hamner house on Main Avenue in Northport.
Oxen on Broad Street
A team of oxen hauls a load of logs down Broad Street at 23rd Avenue. The First National Bank is in the background. Note the condition of the city's main street.
Children on Mule, circa 1900
Frances and John C. Foster on Lady Jane Grey in front of the Murfee-Caples House, 185 17th Ave.
Wagon Passes F.W. Monnish Building Materials Store
A horse-drawn wagon passes the F. W. Monnish Building Materials Store. The location of the store is unknown. The sign on the wagon reads "Phil W. Blondheim." Blondheim owned a clothing store.
Blondheim came from Washington, D.C., to Tuscaloosa…
Cahaba-Tuscaloosa Stagecoach Station near Marion (AL)
The stagecoach stop no longer exists, only the chimney remains, but was located on what was then the Cahaba-Tuscaloosa Road, now Dallas County Road 45, south of Marion.
Mrs. J.C. Perkins with Bicycle
Mrs. J. C. Perkins stands beside one of the first bicycles seen in the Tuscaloosa area.
Tyler Hagenwald and Bill Hess on Bicycle, 1944
Tyler Hagenwald and Bill Hess share a bicycle.
Tuscaloosa Wharf - North Side, Circa 1887
The steam packet "R. E. Lee" is shown docked on the north side of the Tuscaloosa Wharf on the Black Warrior River. The engraving was made around 1887 and is included in the Tuskaloosa Coal, Iron and Land Company promotional catalog.
Towboat "Baltimore," January 11, 1896
On January 11,1896, the first towboat - the "Baltimore" of Demopolis - passed under the drawbridge and into safe anchor in Lock No. 1.
A large party of Tuscaloosa and Northport people including ladies and gentlemen, as well as small boys and…