Tuscaloosa County Courthouse, circa 1910

county-courthouse-c-1910a_d71264f630.jpg

Title

Tuscaloosa County Courthouse, circa 1910

Subject

Courthouses

Description

This is the old Tuscaloosa County Courthouse which was located on the northwest corner of Seventh Street and Lurleen Wallace Blvd. at the site of the current county courthouse.

W.E. Spinks of Birmingham prepared the plans for the courthouse and supervised the work. The contract for construction was awarded to Carrigan and Lynn of Birmingham for $90,000. On August 8, 1908 the courthouse was completed.

This courthouse was taken down in 1962 so that a new one could be rebuilt in its place. It took two years for the new one to be completed

Information from Matthew W. Clinton's Tuscaloosa County History from the Dedication brochure for the Tuscaloosa County Courthouse, 1964.

.

Source

Personal Collection of Jason Townsend

Date

Circa 1910

Contributor

Jason Townsend (Description)
Elizabeth Bradt (Description)

Type

Postcard

Identifier

194

Coverage

Tuscaloosa (AL)

Social Bookmarking