Kennedy House, Centreville, Ala.
Houses and homes
The historic Kennedy House near the Bibb County Courthouse in Centreville, was built in 1837 as a stagecoach stop and hotel called the Eagle Tavern. Union officers took over the hotel during the Civil War and federal troops remained in the building for more than two years. John Perry Kennedy ran the inn until 1900 when it was purchased for a personal residence.
Tuscaloosa County Preservation Society
Betty Slowe (Description)
Bibb County (AL)