Browse Items (48 total)

  • Tags: Downtown

battle-friedman-c1905_scaled_38d0c16844[1].jpg
The postcard states "A Typical Southern Home, The B. Friedman Residence"

The Battle-Friedman House was built about 1835 by Alfred Battle, a North Carolina native who had come to Tuscaloosa in 1821, and his wife, Millicent. A wealthy planter,…

Tags:

guild-verner-house_d948ac0dd0.jpg
Built about 1822 by Dr. James Guild, the house was the first brick residence in the city. Guild was a trustee of the University of Alabama and the Alabama Insane (now Bryce) Hospital, a member of the state legislature, and a practicing…

stillman-house-historica_563ce11bcd.jpg
The Stillman House, located at 1008 21st Avenue was built around 1870 . Dr. Charles Allen Stillman purchased this house for Stillman College (then Stillman Institute) in 1881. The college remained at this location until 1897, serving as a training…

friedman-home-c-1910a_f45b6e771b[1].jpg
The postcard reads "A typical Southern Home - Residence of B. Friedman, Tuscaloosa, Ala."

The Battle-Friedman House was built about 1835 by Alfred Battle, a North Carolina native who had come to Tuscaloosa in 1821, and his wife, Millicent. A…

Tags:

BF in snow.JPG
The Battle-Friedman House covered with a layer of snow.

The Battle-Friedman House was built about 1835 by Alfred Battle, a North Carolina native who had come to Tuscaloosa in 1821, and his wife, Millicent. A wealthy planter, Battle owned three…

Tags:

Buck House.jpg
The Old Buck Boarding House, located at 1816 Broad Street (now University Avenue) just west of Queen City Avenue, was built around 1820. Ownership of the house changed many times over the years, but the Buck family owned it for many years. Records…

Tags:

battle degrafen house.jpg
In 1962, this landmark antebellum home on Greensboro Avenue was razed. The house, known as the deGraffenried House (or the Hester- deGraffenried House), was constructed in 1845 as a wedding gift.

Located at 1217 Greensboro Avenue on the northwest…

Tags:

Battle Friedman 001.jpg
The postcard is postmarked 1914 and the photo is identified as the grounds and home of Mrs. B. Friedman, Tuskaloosa, Ala. (Hand Colored)

The Battle-Friedman House was built about 1835 by Alfred Battle, a North Carolina native who had come to…

Tags:

Battle- De Graffenried House-h.jpg
In 1962, this landmark antebellum home on Greensboro Avenue was razed. The house, known as the deGraffenried House (or the Hester- deGraffenried House), was constructed in 1845 as a wedding gift.

Located at 1217 Greensboro Avenue on the northwest…

Tags:

Battle-Friedman-h.jpg
The Battle-Friedman House was built about 1835 by Alfred Battle, a North Carolina native who had come to Tuscaloosa in 1821, and his wife, Millicent. A wealthy planter, Battle owned three plantations south of Tuscaloosa in present day Hale County.…

Tags:

Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2