Browse Items (108 total)

  • Collection: University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa

1897_corolla_004.jpg
Advertisement for the University of Alabama for the session staring October 6, 1897, targeting Alabama residents, cadets, and women "of good character."

The Corolla, v. 4, 1897

ua ad3 001.jpg
This advertisement found in the 1916 "Black Warrior" yearbook for Tuscaloosa High School invites students to apply for admission to the University of Alabama, touting 100 instructors and 1,350 students. George H. Denny was president of the…

ba3770d60c74e4c108276542b3715deb[1].jpg
The original university master plan featured an academic village centered on a park-like green. This 1838 engraving depicts what the campus would have looked like if the original plan had been finished. Only six of the buildings seen were ever…

93_5bb8229549.jpg
A view across the today's Quad to Clark Hall on the University of Alabama campus.

woodland_4e6dd781b2[1].jpg
This postcard shows people enjoying a day on Marr’s Spring. Named for William M. Marr, Marr's Spring was the water supply for the University for over 75 years. The site of Marr’s Spring was chosen by the Trustees of the University of Alabama to…

University of Alabama353.jpg
An aerial picture of the University of Alabama including what was then Denny Stadium.

bryantdenny1_cf675a7f0d.jpg
Aerial view of the campus and Bryant-Denny Stadium at the University of Alabama.

woodsquad_63603d3742.jpg
Aerial view of Woods Quad on the University of Alabama campus. The buildings are from left to right in the front, Manly Hall, Clark Hall, and Garland Hall. Woods Hall is the building along the back of the Quad.

alabama-union-bldg---1950s-1960s_a844b6b290.jpg
This is a photograph of the Alabama Union Building located on the corner of University Boulevard and Colonial Drive on the University of Alabama campus. Constructed in 1929 and occupied in 1930, it served as the student union for more than 40 years.…

UA Union Building006.jpg
This is a photograph of the Alabama Union Building located on the corner of University Boulevard and Colonial Drive on the University of Alabama campus. Constructed in 1929 and occupied in 1930, it served as the student union for more than 40 years.…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2